On the 10th of December, 2015, an interdisciplinary workshop entitled “First Names and Family Names in the Context of the Law on Personal Names and Onomastics” will be held in Budapest, Hungary. The workshop is organized by the Department of Civil Law, Faculty of Law, Eötvös Loránd University.
Topics to be discussed include:
- the right to name and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- children’s right to their names
- current regulations and trends in first name choices in Hungary
- legal and linguistic issues involved in name changes in modern-day Hungary
- valid rules of entering names in Hungarian official registers
Talks will be given by academic scholars of Law and Linguistics as well as ministerial executives and public administrators. The language of the workshop is Hungarian and the conference program in available in Hungarian..