ANS 2017 saw the first ever “Onomastics Outside Academia” Panel, in which professional onomasticians talked about their work and their career paths outside of the university.
The panel included the following presentations:
- Pamela Redmond Satran (Nameberry.com): Nameberry: Revolutionizing how and what parents name their babies
- Kemp Williams (IBM Corporation): Computational onomastics in threat and fraud detection
- Lisa Spira (Ethnic Technologies): Onomastic data skills
- Laurel Sutton (Catchword Branding): Creating brand names for fun and profit
- Jennifer Moss (BabyNames.com): How the internet changed baby names (careers)
- Deborah Walker (Linguistic Consultant): Product naming reviews: Evaluating names for global readiness
Congratulations on a great panel, and many thanks to all of our speakers!