The Research Institute of Information and Language Processing (RIILP) at the University of Wolverhampton (UK) has just announced a new MA degree programme in Practical Corpus Linguistics. One of the key components of this interdisciplinary programme will be Lexicography. Information about the entry requirements, course fees, and course curriculum can be found here.
If you would like to learn how to explore language using innovative techniques and computer tools, then the course will offer you cutting-edge, research-led training of the highest quality, taught by leading researchers in the fields of linguistics and computer science.
You will have options enabling you to study:
– How people use words to make meanings;
– How to analyse real language usage;
– The role of phraseology, metaphor, and idioms;
– Creative and poetic uses of language;
– New approaches to language teaching;
– Translation tools such as translation memory systems;
– Creating dictionaries using new kinds of evidence;
– Using computer tools for teaching and translation.
Join the team of international researchers and start exploring language now!