Call for Papers – Deadline 15 April 2015.
Special Issue of NAMES: A Journal of Onomastics devoted to
Names, Science-Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror
The American Name Society is currently inviting abstracts
for scientific papers providing an analysis of the names found in
contemporary and classic literary works of science-fiction, fantasy,
or horror. Any genre (e.g. poetry, short story, prose, novel etc.) or
media (book, comic, television, film, etc.) may be the subject of
analysis. Suggested topics include but are by no means limited to
the following: the names of creatures, rituals, societies, planets,
deities, technology, topography, weaponry, incantations, and
Proposal Submission Process:
1. Proposals should include a précis of no more than 500 words and a 50-word
biographical sketch of the author including the author’s name, affiliation,
onomastic interests, and email.
2. All submissions must follow the Journal’s official stylistic and grammatical
3. Proposals should be sent via email attachment in a .doc or .docx format to Dr.
I. M. Nick at mavi.yaz[at]web.de, with “Names and Fantasy” in the subject line.
4. Proposals must be received by 15 April 2015.
5. All submissions will be subjected to a blind peer review process.
6. Notification of acceptance will be announced on or about 15 May 2015
7. Final submissions due for publication 15 November 2015.
8. For questions, please contact Dr. I. M. Nick at the above email address.