The book, The Surnames of Cornwall (published in January 2019) , a gazetteer of family names in Cornwall, grew out of the Surnames of Cornwall Project. That aimed to study the surnames by looking at the historical evidence for their geographical distribution and at early spellings. The Surnames of Cornwall
- gives the purported meanings for 760 of the surnames which were the most common or the most unique to Cornwall in past times.
- includes spelling variants of the names.
- describes the areas in which the names originated and where they were found in the 1800s.
- notes some well-known bearers of some of the names.
- includes an introduction setting out the context for the study of surnames.