The 2017 annual meeting of ANS will be January 5-8 in Austin, TX. In recognition of this occasion there will be a special session devoted to Texas names.
Abstracts on any aspect of Texas names are welcome:
- place names in Texas
- personal names in Texas
- regional or ethnic names in Texas
- changes of names
- pronunciation of Texas names
- street names in Texas
- ranch names
- Texas brands
- folk etymology in Texas names
- fanciful stories attached to Texas names
- names of Texas radio and TV stations
- Texas highway names
- names of Texas politicians
- Texas formal vs. colloquial names
- Texas names in media
- names of Texas newspapers
- New England names in Texas
… the list goes on.
You need not live in Texas nor be a native or even a naturalized Texan to participate. Texans, former Texans, closet Texans, Texas wannabees, Texans from all parts of the world are welcome.
If you are interested in presenting a paper at this special session, please send an email to Edward Callary [email@example.com] no later than April 30 expressing your interest and a general idea of your topic.